Connected is a design that just happened on the computer when I was playing around with blocks.
Do you think it's strip pieced? ...
Of course it is! I love strip pieced quilts and write my patterns with strip piecing when ever possible. This quilt is no exception.
Fabric selection tips
Choosing fabrics for a quilt pattern couldn't be easier than for Connected. Here are some guidelines:
- Colors on opposite sides of the color wheel. This is the principle behind my choice of orange and navy. In this quilt the orange is considered the "lighter" fabric and the navy is considered the "darker" fabric in the instructions.
- A single color with gray or black used as the "darker" fabric.
- Your two favorite colors - easy peasy!
- Your favorite sports team colors - this quilt could be the Denver Broncos (though that wasn't my intention!)
- Ask your favorite quilt helper - for me that's my daughter, and her opinion has never failed me yet.
- Use a rainbow of scraps as the "lighter" fabrics and a dark gray or black as the "darker" fabrics.
- A rainbow from the top of the quilt to the bottom by making a few strip sets in each color of the rainbow. You'd have to figure out how many to make because the pattern doesn't include this.
Connected is quilted using Belly Bop, a rounded square design that works well for modern quilts.
Pattern: Connected, available right here and on sale this weekend only!
Size: 56" x 72"
Fabric: Orange and Navy scraps
Batting: Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 cotton/poly
Quilting: Belly Bop on Gratitude, my Handi Quilter Fusion with Prostitcher
Backing: Clover in Navy from the Sweet Oak collection by Striped Pear Studio, an organic fabric
Binding: Kona Nautical, double fold and attached by machine
Yep! Connected is on sale!!It's your lucky weekend! Connected is on sale this weekend - both the PDF and printed patterns! You'll find it right here in my shop.
Linking to: ♥ Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?!? ♥ Needle and Thread Thursday ♥ Beauties Pageant ♥ Finished or Not Finished Friday ♥
Get a Free Quilt Pattern!
Get a free pattern when you sign up to receive the latest info on what's happening in my studio, new quilt patterns, subscriber-only sales and Giveaways, quilty window shopping, and other fun news!